San Diego Symphony Orchestra Volunteers are an integral part of our concert experience.
Our volunteers are energetic, highly motivated, customer service-oriented individuals who strive to create positive memories for our patrons at all events and performances.
The San Diego Symphony Orchestra seeks energetic, highly motivated, customer service-oriented volunteers to assist with events and performances at Jacob’s Music Center and The Shell. Volunteers will support our Front-of-House staff by creating a welcoming environment, answering general questions, directing guests as needed, and upholding San Diego Symphony’s rigorous customer experience standards.
Programming is year-round, with an exceptionally busy summer season.
What You’ll Do:
- Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner at a variety of indoor and outdoor performances and events.
- Provide a welcoming, reliable, and informed presence about San Diego Symphony programming.
- Provide information on neighborhood merchants directions to other nearby attractions.
- Communicate effectively with patrons, staff, and other volunteers.
- Assist with seating patrons, general line management, and crowd control.
- Serve as a resource and helping hand for guests with disabilities; assist with accessibility needs at each performance venue.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have fun!
Who We’re Looking For:
- Fun, friendly, and outgoing people with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Open to supporting any performance, indoors or outdoors, rain or shine.
- Available to attend required orientations and quarterly training.
- Foreign language skills a plus
- Prior customer service and/or hospitality experience is preferred.
All prospective volunteers must attend a group interview as part of the selection process. Once accepted into the program, training will include 4-5 shifts working with staff or volunteer supervisors. Orientation and training will introduce basic knowledge and protocols for working at each venue. Periodic meetings and training will be held to provide additional information and opportunities for exchange between volunteers and staff. All volunteers are required to attend seasonal orientations and quarterly training meetings.
Volunteers join us with an implicit understanding that the main reward is in contributing to the San Diego Symphony by enhancing our patron’s overall experience. From time to time, volunteers are offered complimentary tickets to select performances, based on availability.
Volunteers are required to sign up for at least one shift per month. Many assignments will involve being outdoors and standing for extended periods.
How to be considered
In order to be considered for a volunteer opportunity, please complete an online application.
For more information, please email email@example.com.